It's strategy first and creation second
You know the old saying, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.”
This is especially true when it comes to your web & digital strategy process.
Without an overarching plan, how do you know if you have even achieved success? What are the key metrics you are measuring? What are the pieces of the puzzle that will make up the execution of this plan? Too often we see business neglect this critical thinking process.
Delivering web & digital strategy for over 16 years
The world has changed a lot in the past 16 years. This makes us sound very old!
Plenty of platforms & technologies have come and gone.
But the same guiding principles remain true.
1. Build great content – A website jam packed full of quality content that solves peoples problems will always succeed.
2. Make it look great – Clean web design, great visuals and an interesting way to present information that encourages an individual to get in touch.
3. A good technical experience – A fast to load, mobile friendly website with the least amount of friction as possible will always win.
Why don't people start with a web strategy?
It happens a lot. A plan is rushed into with to bigger picture thoughts around the greater implications. Here are the issues we typically see:
Not enough questions asked
Outcomes not defined
Not understanding the parts
No post launch support
No testing or learning
Unable to pivot
And without these elements, the outcome is poor
Same old story! Poor communication. Didn’t meet time frames. Promised the world, didn’t deliver. Didn’t capture clients message or vibe. Things were missing. Hard to update and just generally left in the lurch afterwards! Ouch.
So what's the solution?
We start with the outcomes
It's strategy first and
We have and amazing process
We have all the skills
not just some of them
We hold your hand forever
Our web strategy experience
We are going to make this a journey you will enjoy. So much so that, we will hit you up for a 5 star Google review at the end of the process. So what can you expect from us? We communicate fanatically. We meet time frames. We keep our word. We check in that you love it visually. We handle everything. You will get full user training. And if you choose to, ongoing client care, solving your problems long into the future.
Our outcome is high ROI website you are proud of
We promise to deliver
“Strategy” is a word that gets thrown around a lot. But the reality is, the potential return on a well-executed web and content strategy can be truly explosive. It can bring in a truck load of leads and sales, attracting better clients that are ready to buy. We can provide the bigger picture thinking that achieves your goals.
Now you understand the importance of a website founded on great content. No two web strategies are the same but common elements exist. Here is a sample of what a typical small business ‘online footprint’ would look like.
- Self-hosted WordPress website
- Email database opt-in and regular email marketing activities
- Social media sharing and advertising
- Search engine traffic (paid and free)
- Offline advertising and traffic
So building a three-page website and hoping you are sitting in number 1 position isn’t going to cut the mustard with Google. It wants more. Much more. For your website to do well and generate highly qualified of traffic, it wants content (and lots of it!).
Key points include:
- A good web marketing website comes from good planning
- Google has changed the game and you need to understand what it wants
- The key now is frequently updated valuable content that is relevant
- Trying to game Google with keyword stuffing doesn’t work
- The top three positions in a search page account for 60% of eventual click throughs (you need to be there!)
- A good webpage ‘pulls’ in prospective customers and builds you as an authority in your industry
- Treat your website design as a mini publishing effort and aim to educate and add value for your prospects
- Move towards having an online footprint (combining social media, email marketing and offline activities), not just a website
Find out more here
Jon Hollenberg, our Founder, recently sat down with Stuart Turner from ADA NSW to chat about dental website services and how these can have a huge impact on the dental industry. It’s 2022 – everyone knows the importance of good website services now, right? Well, possibly not. For dental practices, developing the most appropriate website […]
The current batch of politicians, love them or hate them, are committed to helping businesses digitise as quickly as possible. Under changes announced last month during the 2022 Federal Budget Announcement, businesses are allowed to deduct $120 for every $100 they spend on services that support their digital capability. Regardless of where you stand, this […]
The start of 2022 saw Five by Five celebrate its 16th year in business. From humble beginnings of me, Jon Hollenberg working in a spare bedroom of my Burleigh Heads apartment alone as the founder of a web design business, to leading a team of almost 40 – it has been one heck of a […]
Changing consumer habits, the shift to online and evolving tech are continually contributing to developments in the web industry, but what does it actually mean for business owners and the future of the digital industry itself? Jon Hollenberg, Founder of Australia’s highest rated web design agency, Five by Five, looks ahead at what business owners […]
It’s the start of the year (February is still classified as the start, right?) and it’s the perfect time to really knuckle down, reassess and plan your web strategy for 2021. What are your goals and how are you going to get there? Your digital presence is a lot like a game of chess. It […]