Safety nets are good.
As the name implies, they catch you when you fall. Very handy so you don’t smash open your head!
And the same goes when it comes to websites. Having a trusted partner that can catch you when you fall. One that has your back and your best interest at heart.
If you are serious about running a website, the nature of doing so is you will need a relationship with an web designer to ensure the following:
- WordPress is always kept up to date & secure
- Plugins are maintained and kept up to date
- You have regular backups of your website (in a safe offsite location)
- No errors appear on your site
- Help if security issues arise your site (i.e. it gets hacked)
- You can pick up the phone at any time and ask a question
- You keep evolving and tweaking things on your site based on how people interact with it
For the above exact reasons, once a site is launched we guide our clients towards what we call a “Continuous Improvement Plan”. This allows us to provide ongoing email & phone support for your website including:
- Website maintenance & development
- Interface design
- Mobile responsive tweaks
- Troubleshooting and technical issues
- Search engine optimisation
Giving the client the ability to pick up the phone and chat with one of the team to solve any site issues you might be experiencing. In addition to this, it provides ongoing budget to improve and enhance the site.
If you are cutting corners to your site, think again.
We recently had the situation with a client who called up asking if we had a back of their site. Their offshore host didn’t have a backup to revert to and the most recent one we had on file was from 12 months prior (the last time we worked on the site). In essence, they lost 12 months worth of work on the site. Ouch indeed!
If your site is something you rely on to support your business, a small monthly investment is pittance for peace of mind.
Interested in this type of support? Get in touch.