Update 25th May 2020 – NOTE, the small business digital grant is currently oversubscribed. We will post again when the next round of grants are announced.
What an interesting time in life!
In 15 years of business, I have never seen so many government incentives flowing around.
And rightly so, there are a lot of people who have been affected by the events of the past few months and are doing it tough.
The Queensland Government just announced a further $10,000 to assist small and micro-businesses. This is what they are calling the “Adaptation Grant Program”.
They are quoted as saying the focus of the grant is to “access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business”.
Good on them.
There have been whole industries literally changed overnight.
People were forced to reinvent themselves in a blink of an eye.
In the past few months since the old ‘rona’ hit, we have seen a lot of businesses evolving and modifying their business model. Everything from eCommerce pivots to just generally marketing themselves better online.
What I know is true is the businesses that evolve and invest in their digital strategy during the next 12 months are the ones that will thrive into the future.
And it seems the Queensland Government is very onboard with small businesses having a sound digital strategy.
What can you use the money for?
We are purely approaching this through the lens of implementing a digital strategy that will grow your business.
Three key points cited were:
- Building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- Digital/technological strategy development
- Digital training or retraining to adapt to new business models
Five by Five is a leader in website design & development with over 14 years of experience in this space. We can assist with online activities such as:
- Mapping out a digital strategy and roadmap for the next 18 months
- Designing and building an awesome website
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Ongoing website support & maintenance
- Website hosting
$10K excluding GST will definitely get you a solid entry-level site that will set you up for success.
Key Eligibility Criteria:
- Show that you have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by the shutdown restrictions
- Show that your revenue has decreased by at least 30% since 23rd March 2020 over a 1 month period
- You have less than 20 staff
- You are a valid business with all the usuals (ABN & Registered for GST)
- Your headquarters is here in “God’s Own State” of Queensland
- Have a turnover of over $75,000
- Payroll tax of less than $1.3 Million
How Long Will It Last?
Only until the money has run out and funding is exhausted. The Queensland Government has committed $100 Million on funding. Our advice is to get in quick!
Speak with one of our consultants.
We have a process we will run you through that includes the following:
STEP 1: Complete our briefing form here
STEP 2: Do our website strategy workshop / briefing / submission session ($500 + GST – refundable if your grant is approved).
Wait! Why are you charging me for a quote?
Good question. We invest over 4 hours in each web strategy we write. This means you have some skin in the game and ensures we are able to put forward a solid submission giving you the best possible chance on being granted the money.
STEP 3: We get busy and deliver
There is so much change at the moment
But one certainty is that digital is here to say and the ones that master it are the ones that will flourish.
Stay safe & positive!